With just one day to go until the Digital Energy Virtual Summit, DIGIT is gearing up for an action-packed day of insight and discussion.
Now in its 7th year, the annual Digital Energy Summit is a must-attend event for the energy IT community and brings together senior technologists from across the industry for an informative day of knowledge exchange and networking.
The Oil and Gas industry has undergone a significant transformation in recent years amidst a challenging economic period; one that forced organisations to address inefficiencies, adopt more agile methodologies and accelerate digitalisation programmes.
Throughout this period, IT leaders have become increasingly important as companies turn to technology to modernise operations, automate processes and deliver a competitive advantage.
The 2020 Summit, which is being run as a fully virtual event, will contextualise some of the changes and technologies transforming the Oil and Gas sector, and explore how the industry is fundamentally changing.
A Stellar Line-up
This year’s conference programme features an exciting range of innovators, digital leaders and industry practitioners, with speakers from BP, Wood, Repsol Sinopec, Chrysaor, KCA Deutag and TAQA all set to feature.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Blaine Tookey, Technology Principal, BP
- Darren Martin, Group CTO, Wood
- Adebayo Aremu, Drilling Operations Superintendent, KCA Deutag
- Martin Ogden, Head of IT and Digital, Repsol Sinopec
- Stephen Kelly, CISO & DPO, Chrysaor
- Mike Gill, IS Project Manager, Premier Oil
- Alan Norrie, IT User Enablement Lead, TAQA
- Preston Cody, VP and Head of Analytics Lab at Wood Mackenzie
- Andrew Thom, Business Information Security Officer, Wood
- Nirmalie Wiratunga, Professor of Intelligent Systems, Robert Gordon University
- Angus Murray, Head of IT, TAQA
- Stephen Ashley, Digital Transformation Solution Centre Manager, OGTC
- Jude McCorry, CEO, SBRC
- Bruce Catto, Group IT Manager, North Star
- Louise Smith, CDO, Lloyds
- Mark Stephen, Journalist & Broadcaster, BBC Scotland
- Hannah Rudman, Strategic Transformation Director, Wallet.Services
Additional agenda information and the Summit schedule can now be accessed here.
For the first time, the 2020 Digital Energy Summit will be run as a fully virtual event due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Summit will retain all the traditional features of our physical conference programme, with keynote talks, breakouts and an exhibition hall all hosted live on a virtual platform.
We will also be running Q&A sessions to enable audience participation, and facilitating networking and business engagement opportunities over the course of the day.
Not only will you be able to enjoy our full line-up of speakers, but you’ll also be able to log-in remotely and join us from anywhere in the world.
- TAQA’s modern workplace strategy is helping it weather the onset of COVID-19
- 5G-powered energy network project underway on Orkney
- Scottish tech sector facing serious challenges due to coronavirus pandemic
Free to Attend
The Virtual Summit is free* to attend for IT & Digital personnel and C-level leaders.
Register online at: www.digitalenergysummit.com
*A criteria for free entry applies. This does not include vendors of IT services, sales / BD personnel and recruiters